Search for a lost device - Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Help (Russia)
If you have a Google ™ account, the my Xperia web service helps you find and protect your device if it is lost. You can:
- Find your device on the map.
- Turn on the signal, even if the device is in silent mode.
- Remotely block the device and display contact information on it to contact you.
- In extreme cases, remotely erase the internal and external storage device.
My Xperia may not be available in some countries / regions.
Activate my Xperia service
- Go to your Home screen and tap .
- Find and tap Settings> Security> Protection with my Xperia> Enable.
- Check the box, then tap Accept.
- If prompted, sign in to your Sony Entertainment Network account or create a new account if you don’t have one.
- Enable location service on your device if this feature is not already enabled.
To ensure that the Xperia service can detect your device, go to myxperia.sonymobile.com and sign in with your Google ™ or Sony Entertainment Network account you set up on your device.
If the device is used by multiple people, only the owner can use the my Xperia service.
Finding a lost device using the Android ™ Device Manager
Google ™ offers a web location and security service called Android ™ Device Manager. It can be used together with the "Protection with my Xperia" service or instead of it. If you lose your device, you can do the following with the Android ™ Device Manager:
- find and show the location of your device;
- call or lock your device, erase all data on it, or add a phone number to the lock screen.
More information about the Android ™ Device Manager can be found on the website. http://support.google.com .
The Android ™ device manager does not work if the device is turned off or not connected to the Internet. The Android ™ Device Manager service may not be available in all countries or regions.